It’s that time of year again where we’re setting New Years’ resolutions, goal setting, setting intentions and turning a new leaf. While it’s admirable to have the desire to change things around for the new year it’s important to be mindful of how and why you make that change. Changing habits and routines may be difficult, but it’s encouraged to work towards desired outcomes on a regular basis, and the start of a New Year is a great time to do so. However, you don’t have to wait until the new year. If you have the right tools you can start to work on your goals at any time.
How many times over the years have we set goals and expectations and never really achieved them?
Here are some reasons we don’t achieve our goals:
- Our goals are too big.
- Our goals are based on society’s expectation of you.
- We aren’t actually interested or invested in the goal.
- Our goals are based on others’ goals or accomplishments.
Let’s Get Social
The key to success in any endeavor is setting meaningful, attainable goals. Goals give us something to strive for and help us stay focused on our vision. They help us stay on track and remind us of our desired outcome.
Here are some tips and strategies to create and achieve your goals for the year:
- Set realistic goals that are achievable and measurable. Don’t set goals that are too lofty or unrealistic, as they can be difficult to reach and lead to feelings of discouragement. Having accountability with others helps to keep goals achievable as well.
- Break down large goals into smaller ones. This makes it easier to stay on track and keep progressing towards your goal. Checking on your progress regularly help to keep it active.
- Make sure to celebrate your progress. Achieving small goals is just as important as reaching your larger goal, so make sure to recognize your successes along the way.
- Stay focused and motivated. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t reach your goal right away. Persevere and stay focused on your goal and you’ll eventually get there.
Subscribe to get a FREE printable copy of our SMART Goals Worksheet.
This workbook will help you create action plans for your success. Creating S.M.A.R.T. long-term and short-term goals will help you to reach your desired goals.
Setting new goals and creating new routines and habits can be scary. So it’s also very important to be mindful how we talk to ourselves as we work towards our desired outcome. Practicing daily positive affirmations is important to attaining our goals. Not letting fearful or unhelpful thoughts overcome your mental space is going to be something you work through on a regular basis. However, with the right supportive circle, determination and persistence you can achieve anything you put your mind to.
A fresh start is a powerful thing! The new year brings a new opportunity to define your goals for your personal life and your business. Take some time this week to consider where you’d like to see yourself in the next 3 months, and write out your goals. Make sure your goal is S.M.A.R.T. Remember to think about why you are making this goal your goal.
Comment below one of your goals for the new year.
Leave a Reply